Stone Crab Newburg
|1 lb stone crab meat or king or snow crab meat|
|1/4 cup melted butter|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp paprika|
|pinch of cayenne pepper|
|2 cups light cream|
|2 egg yolks, beaten|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|2 tbs flour|
- Crack stone crab claws (or crab of choice) and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet slowly melt the butter.
- Add the salt, paprika, hot pepper and flour. Stir to combine for about 1 minute.
- Add cream gradually and simmer, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Stir a little of the cream sauce into the egg yolks, the add the remaining egg yolks to the sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add the crab meat and simmer until heated through.
- Stir in the sherry and mix well. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve over rice or noodles.