Stone Crab Newburg
- 1 lb stone crab meat or king or snow crab meat
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 2 tbs flour
- Crack stone crab claws (or crab of choice) and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet slowly melt the butter.
- Add the salt, paprika, hot pepper and flour. Stir to combine for about 1 minute.
- Add cream gradually and simmer, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Stir a little of the cream sauce into the egg yolks, the add the remaining egg yolks to the sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add the crab meat and simmer until heated through.
- Stir in the sherry and mix well. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve over rice or noodles.