Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
|6 large flour tortillas|
|2 large sweet potatoes, peeled|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|2/3 cup apple vinegar, divided|
|2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 dried hot chili pepper, crushed|
|1 (15oz) can black beans, drained|
|3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided|
|1/2 lb chorizo sausage|
|1/2 cup salsa|
|1 cup sour cream|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes in bit sized chunks.
- Place the sweet potatoes, soy sauce and 1/3 cup of the cider vinegar into a large pot and boil until the potatoes are very soft and the liquid is absorbed. About 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the leeks, chorizo, garlic over medium high heat in a little oil and the cumin. Then add the remaining cider vinegar, chili pepper, and black beans.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and cover the pan until the potatoes are done.
- When the potatoes are done, mash them, leaving a few lumps.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl fold the beans and 1 cup of the cheese into the potatoes.
- Fill the tortillas with about 3-4 tbs of the filling, more if desired.
- Roll and pack tightly in a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
- After it’s finished baking, place under a hot broiler for about 5 minutes, to get the cheese golden brown.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and garnish with cilantro.