- 2 lbs of ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- small handful of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 sesame seeded hamburger buns
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- sauce topping of choice, chutney or mayo etc
- Add the turkey, onion, lime rind, juice and thyme to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Add olive oil to a large saute pan and saute the burgers in batches until cooked through. About 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Add the burgers to the buns along with a slice of tomato and lettuce and the sauce of your choice.