Turkish Vegetable Sandwich with Garlic Herb Sauce
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 4 pita breads
- 1 tbs sumac
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain yogurt, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs mixed herbs (parsley, chervil, dill and or oregano)
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving
- For the sandwich, lightly toast the pita rounds, then cut about 1 inch off the top to expose the pocket.
- Layer the tomatoes, cucumbers and feta inside each of 4 pita rounds.
- Season each with salt, pepper and a dash of sumac, then add 1 tbs of the dressing inside each pita round.