|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 cup chopped green pepper|
|1 chopped red or orange green pepper|
|2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced|
|2 cups chopped onion|
|1 cup sliced mushrooms|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 cups water, divided|
|1 and 1/2 cups corn kernels|
|2 tbs sugar|
|2 tbs chili powder|
|2 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|2 (14oz) cans of diced tomatoes, un-drained|
|1 (15oz) can of black beans|
|1 can cannelloni beans or white beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 (6oz) can of tomato paste|
|1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add 3 cups of water, corn, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, beans and combine.
- Combine remaining cup of water and tomato paste in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Stir in tomato paste mixture into the bean mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until flavors have combined.
- If desired, serve over rice topped with cheese.