Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1 tsp wine vinegar|
|sprinkling of fresh thyme|
|pinch ground cumin|
|4 large slices of seedless watermelon, chilled (about 1 pound)|
|1 frisee of lettuce, core removed|
|1/4 lb feta cheese, cut into bite sized pieces|
|handful of toasted pumpkin seeds|
|handful of sunflower seeds|
|10 black olives|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the thyme, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste and whisk again. Set aside.
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and cut into triangular shaped chunks.
- Put the frisee leaves in a bowl and pour some of the dressing over and toss.
- Arrange the leaves on a serving dish or individual plates and add the watermelon, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and black olives.
- Drizzle a little more dressing over as well as a dash of kosher salt.