Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
- sprinkling of fresh thyme
- pinch ground cumin
- 4 large slices of seedless watermelon, chilled (about 1 pound)
- 1 frisee of lettuce, core removed
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, cut into bite sized pieces
- handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
- handful of sunflower seeds
- 10 black olives
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the thyme, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste and whisk again. Set aside.
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and cut into triangular shaped chunks.
- Put the frisee leaves in a bowl and pour some of the dressing over and toss.
- Arrange the leaves on a serving dish or individual plates and add the watermelon, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and black olives.
- Drizzle a little more dressing over as well as a dash of kosher salt.