Avocado Mushroom Salad
- 1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 lb fresh button mushrooms, stems removed and sliced very thin
- 1 cup of fusilli pasta
- Cook the fusilli according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing with a wire whisk until blended and creamy.
- Add the avocado and sliced mushrooms and allow to marinate covered for 1-2 hours.
- Add the fusilli to the marinated mushrooms and avocado and gently mix well.