Baba Ghanouj (Arabic Eggplant Puree)
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Broil whole unpeeled eggplants over charcoal, turning frequently, until outsides are charred and eggplants are charred and soft. Cool, then carefully remove the skins and discard.
- Puree eggplants in a food processor with lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt and olive oil.
- Place in a serving bowl and stir in tahini and blend well.
- Serve as a dip with crusty bread or sesame crackers.