Crab Meat Stuffed Mushrooms
|1 lb backfin crabmeat|
|1/3 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tbs milk|
|1 tsp worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp dry mustard|
|1/2 tsp celery salt|
|1/ tsp black pepper|
|1/8 tsp paprika|
|pinch dry ginger|
|2 tbs cracker meal|
|24 large button mushrooms, stems removed, and hulled|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|1/8 tsp old bay seasoning|
|2 dashes hot pepper sauce|
|paprika for sprinkling|
- Remove cartilage from crab meat, being careful not to break up lumps. Place crab meat in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, celery salt, black pepper, paprika and ginger.
- Pour sauce over crabmeat and mix gently.
- Carefully mix in the cracker meal.
- Wash and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms in a baking pan stem side up and fill each mushroom with about 2 tbs of the crab mixture.
- Place in a 375 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until crabmeat mixture begins to brown.
- Mix together 1 cup mayonnaise, egg, old bay and hot pepper sauce.
- Spread a generous amount of topping over each mushroom, then sprinkle with paprika and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until the topping becomes light brown in color, about 5-7 minutes.