Baked Salmon with Mustard Cream
|2 lbs wild salmon fillets|
|1 and 1/4 cups creme fraiche or sour cream|
|1 tbs whole grain mustard|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|2 and 1/2 lbs, ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely diced|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|kosher and black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs dry white whine|
|3 tbs white wine vinegar|
|1 and 1/2 tbs shallots, minced|
|2/3 cup unsalted butter|
- lay the salmon on cutting board, skin side down. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices at a 30 degree angle.
- Discard the skin and place salmon in a well greased baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt and refrigerate.
- Combine 1 cup of creme fraiche or sour cream with the mustard and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute the tomatoes over medium heat, stirring until thick and well reduced. About 6-7 minutes.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the wine, wine vinegar and shallots in anon aluminum sauce pan.
- Boil over medium-high heat until most of theliquid is evaporated.
- Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup of creme fraiche and reduce by half over high heat.
- Gradually whisk in the butter.
- When sauce is thick and foamy, combine with reserved mixture. Season to taste and keep warm.
- Bake the sammon in a 500 degree preheated oven for about 4 minutes or until flesh begins to flake.
- Warm mustard cream in a sauce pan or micorwave.
- Before serving, spoon tomato butter sauce onto warm dinner plates.
- Place 2 slices of salmon on top of the sauce.
- Spoon the mustard cream sauce over the salmon and serve.