Beef and Mushroom Teriyaki
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced on a bias
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add beef and cook until it is well browned, stirring often.
- Pour off any fat, then add the onions, carrots and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until the carrots are tender, but slightly crisp.
- Stir the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth, then add the meat back to the vegetables.
- Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve the beef mixture over rice.