Beef and Mushroom Teriyaki
|2 cups cooked white rice|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips|
|1/2 cup scallions, sliced on a bias|
|2 cups carrots, thinly sliced|
|2 cups shiitake mushrooms, chopped|
|2 tbs cornstarch|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 and 1/2 tsp brown sugar, packed|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add beef and cook until it is well browned, stirring often.
- Pour off any fat, then add the onions, carrots and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until the carrots are tender, but slightly crisp.
- Stir the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth, then add the meat back to the vegetables.
- Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve the beef mixture over rice.