Beefsteak Creole Style
|6 tournedos of beef fillet, about 1 and 1/2 inches thick|
|1 onion, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 heaping tsp chopped parsley|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|6 tbs clarified unsalted butter|
- Mix the onion, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the beef to the mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the steaks and pat dry, reserve the marinade.
- Using a heavy frying pan large enough to hold the meat, heat the butter, which cover the bottom of the pan generously.
- Brown the meat over high heat for 2-4 minutes per side, depending on the degree of doneness desired.
- Remove to a warmed serving platter.
- Add the reserved marinade to the butter in the frying pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the steaks and serve.