Beefsteak Creole Style
- 6 tournedos of beef fillet, about 1 and 1/2 inches thick
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tsp chopped parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 tbs clarified unsalted butter
- Mix the onion, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the beef to the mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the steaks and pat dry, reserve the marinade.
- Using a heavy frying pan large enough to hold the meat, heat the butter, which cover the bottom of the pan generously.
- Brown the meat over high heat for 2-4 minutes per side, depending on the degree of doneness desired.
- Remove to a warmed serving platter.
- Add the reserved marinade to the butter in the frying pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the steaks and serve.