Brie Spinach and Bacon Cheeseburger
|1 and 1/2 lbs ground chuck (80/20)|
|3/4 lb brie cheese, cut into 4 slices|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|4 slices of bacon|
|4 large spinach leaves, stems removed|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 sesame seed hamburger rolls|
- In a large saute pan cook the bacon until almost crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Reserve the fat in the pan
- Make 4 equal burger patties.
- Heat the oil to medium and add the burger patties. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once. During the last 2 minutes of cooking and a slice of brie to each burger and cover pan.
- Remove burgers from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lightly toast each burger bun, then spread with Dijon mustard.
- Add burger to the bottom roll and top with a spinach leaf.
- Top with the remaining bun, and serve.