Brie Spinach and Bacon Cheeseburger
- 1 and 1/2 lbs ground chuck (80/20)
- 3/4 lb brie cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 large spinach leaves, stems removed
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 sesame seed hamburger rolls
- In a large saute pan cook the bacon until almost crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Reserve the fat in the pan
- Make 4 equal burger patties.
- Heat the oil to medium and add the burger patties. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once. During the last 2 minutes of cooking and a slice of brie to each burger and cover pan.
- Remove burgers from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lightly toast each burger bun, then spread with Dijon mustard.
- Add burger to the bottom roll and top with a spinach leaf.
- Top with the remaining bun, and serve.