Broccoli with Ricotta and Pine Nuts
|2 lbs of broccoli florets|
|1/2 cup ricotta cheese|
|2 tsp butter|
|4 tbs milk|
|1/3 cup pine nuts|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|zest of 1 lemon|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a couple tsp of salt to the water.
- Add the broccoli and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and set aside.
- In a double boiler or a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, combine the ricotta, butter, milk, pine nuts and lemon zest and mix until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer the ricotta cream and broccoli to a large saute pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve.