Broccoli with Ricotta and Pine Nuts
- 2 lbs of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 tbs milk
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- zest of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a couple tsp of salt to the water.
- Add the broccoli and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and set aside.
- In a double boiler or a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, combine the ricotta, butter, milk, pine nuts and lemon zest and mix until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer the ricotta cream and broccoli to a large saute pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve.