Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
This is a super simple sugar cookie recipe that you can prepare in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat shortening, butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to the creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, then place 2 inches apart on foil covered baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for several minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.