Caribbean Curried Conch
- 1 lb of fresh conch meat
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- small bunch chives, minced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbs curry powder
- olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Note: Fresh conch is available at Caribbean groceries or by mail order
- In a large saute pan add the oil, onions, garlic, chives, scotch bonnet pepper and butter and saute for 5-7 minutes using medium high heat.
- Add the white wine and increase heat to high. Reduce the sauce by about 1/2 then add the curry powder and coconut milk. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to reduce for another 10 minutes.
- Add the conch meat and continue to simmer for another 20-25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.