Caribbean Garlic Pork
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
- 5 whole heads garlic
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups white vinegar
- Canola oil for frying
- Blanch garlic in hot water for about 3-4 minutes, then peel and chop.
- Mix garlic, thyme, hot pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Wash the pork in lime juice, then cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Put in a container and mix thoroughly with the garlic mixture.
- Pour on the vinegar and refrigerate, covered for 2 days.
- Drain and pat dry.
- To a saucepan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 330-350 degrees and fry pork in batches, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.