Stuffed Soft Shell Crab
|12 medium soft shelled crabs, cleaned|
|1 lb backfin crab meat|
|1 stick butter|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Clean soft shell crabs, removing gills and eyes, dry completely.
- Pick over crab meat and remove any cartilage.
- Place soft crabs in a shallow baking dish and peel back each side of the shell and stuff each crab cavity with about 3 tbs of crabmeat.
- Replace top shell.
- Melt butter and pour evenly over crabs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees until shells turn red and crabs brown slightly. About 15 minutes.