Cheesy Oysters with Spinach
|2 dozen oysters in shell|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 cups milk|
|3 tbs swiss cheese, shredded|
|1 tbs Parmesan cheese grated|
|3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 (10oz) package of frozen spinach, chopped|
- Open oysters, letting oyster remain in the deep half of the shell
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, blend in the flour, stir to combine then slowly add the milk.
- Simmer slowly for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Swiss and Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spinach as directed on the package, then squeeze out excess moisture.
- Blend the spinach into the cheese sauce and let the mixture cool.
- Top each oyster with about 1 tbs of the spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.