Grilled Chicken Gizzards and Hearts
- 1 lb of chicken gizzards
- 1 lb of chicken hearts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Chicken Gizzards and hearts are a southern specialty. They can be very tough but if prepared correctly they become silky smooth. This recipe is for gizzards and hearts cooked over hot charcoal.
- Cut away all of the fat and gristle from the hearts and gizzards.
- Wash under cold water the add to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile soak 15 to 20 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Alternately skewer the hearts and livers on the wooden skewers and place over hot charcoal for about 12-15 minutes, turning frequently until they are cooked through.
- While cooking occasionally baste with soy sauce.