Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice
|1/4 cup peanut oil|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|5 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs water|
|2 tbs sesame oil|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|2 scallions, chopped (separate white and green parts)|
|1 cup raw medium shrimp, cut into small pieces|
|2 cups long grain rice, cold|
|1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1/2 tsp white pepper|
- In a wok or large frying pan heat 2 tbs of peanut oil over high heat.
- Beat the eggs with 1/2 tsp soy sauce and the water. Add to the oil in the pan and cook just until set.
- Remove from the pan and cut in small pieces or strips and set aside.
- Add 2 more tbs peanut oil and 2 tbs of sesame oil to the pan. Add the garlic, ginger and chopped white part of scallions. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add rice and green peas and cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in 5 tbs soy sauce, sherry, white pepper and sugar and continue to cook until mixture is thoroughly heated through.
- Stir in reserved egg and chopped green part of scallions.