Classic Philadelphia Italian Hoagie
|2 (12 inch) crusty Italian Hoagie rolls|
|1/2 lb Genoa salami, sliced|
|1/2 lb Mortadella, sliced|
|1/2 lb peppered capicola|
|1/2 lb provolone cheese|
|1 small red onion, thinly sliced|
|1 medium tomato, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs oregano|
|1/4 head of iceberb lettuce, shredded|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 lb prosciutto|
You may add any variety of Cured meats as you wish to this sandwich.
- Cut each hoagie roll almost in half lengthwise, then fold open.
- On each of the rolls evenly layer one half of the meats and cheese.
- Evenly layer the tomatoes and onions and lettuce.
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, wine vinegar and orgeano, then lightly pour over each sandwich.
- Fold the sandwich over placing the top piece of bread over.
- Slice and serve.