Classic Philadelphia Italian Hoagie
- 2 (12 inch) crusty Italian Hoagie rolls
- 1/2 lb Genoa salami, sliced
- 1/2 lb Mortadella, sliced
- 1/2 lb peppered capicola
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs oregano
- 1/4 head of iceberb lettuce, shredded
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb prosciutto
You may add any variety of Cured meats as you wish to this sandwich.
- Cut each hoagie roll almost in half lengthwise, then fold open.
- On each of the rolls evenly layer one half of the meats and cheese.
- Evenly layer the tomatoes and onions and lettuce.
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, wine vinegar and orgeano, then lightly pour over each sandwich.
- Fold the sandwich over placing the top piece of bread over.
- Slice and serve.