Four Cheese Prosciutto Pizza
|8 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|6 shallots, minced|
|1 lb fresh or frozen pizza dough|
|2/3 cup chunky marinara sauce, fresh or bottled|
|3 oz provolone cheese, chopped|
|1/4 lb crumbled feta cheese|
|1/2 cup Asiago cheese, chopped|
|3 oz prosciutto, cut into strips|
|1 cup tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced|
|1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese|
|1 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat 1 and 1/2 tbs oil in a medium skillet over moderate heat.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out each half on a lightly floured surface into a 12 inch round.
- Transfer to a pizza peel or a baking sheet and spread half the sauce on each crust.
- Sprinkle the provolone, feta and asiago evenly over the sauce.
- Top with prosciutto and the cooked shallots.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. (note it is best to cook pizza on a pizza stone)
- While pizza is baking, combine tomatoes, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, vinegar along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Topp cooked pizza with tomato mixture and serve.
- Makes 2 12 inch pizzas.