Fresh Halibut Salad
|1 and 1/2 lbs halibut, cut into 1 inch thick steaks|
|1 small onion,sliced|
|1 rib of celery with leaves, sliced|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|dash of white pepper|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|1 cup, celery, finely minced|
|1/3 cup mayonnaise|
|1/3 cup sour cream|
|2 tbs chives, finely minced|
|2 tsp fresh dill, minced|
|dash of black pepper|
- In a medium to large pan place halibut steaks, onion, sliced celery, 1 tsp salt, white pepper, 1/2 of the lemon juice, and enough cold water to cover.
- Bring just to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer gently, uncovered until the fish is just done. About 10 minutes.
- Remove the fish from broth and cool thoroughly. Carefully remove any skin and bones.
- Flake the fish into a large bowl and combine with the chopped celery.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, dill, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over the fish and celery and mix well.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.