Ginger Spiced Shrimp Appetizers
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup scallions sliced on a bias
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- In a large saucepan add the shrimp, ginger, scallions, salt, peppercorns. Add enough water to cover.
- Cover pan and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are almost pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool in stock for about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from stock, remove shells and devein.
- Return the shrimp to the stock, Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- To serve drain the shrimp and place on a platter or in a serving dish. Serve cold.