Ginger Spiced Shrimp Appetizers
|1 lb large shrimp|
|2 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|1 cup scallions sliced on a bias|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp whole black peppercorns|
- In a large saucepan add the shrimp, ginger, scallions, salt, peppercorns. Add enough water to cover.
- Cover pan and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are almost pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool in stock for about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from stock, remove shells and devein.
- Return the shrimp to the stock, Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- To serve drain the shrimp and place on a platter or in a serving dish. Serve cold.