Grandma’s Potato Pancakes
|8 large potatoes|
|1 large yellow onion, grated|
|3 eggs, lightly beaten|
|3 tbs flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|2 tbs kosher salt|
|dash of black pepper|
|3-4 tbs rendered chicken fat|
- Peel potatoes and soak for 1 hour in enough water to cover. Drain and dry well.
- Grate the potatoes and then squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl along with the grated onion and eggs, then mix in the flour, baking powder,salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan heat the chicken fat until sizzling.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the fat and fry until brown on the bottom then turn and brown the other side. Do not crowd the pan.
- Serve hot with applesauce and or sour cream.