Greek Fried Potatoes
|4 cups of thinly sliced unpeeled potatoes|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tbs dried oregano, crumbled|
|juice of 1 lemon|
- Cover potatoes with water and let stand for 2 hours. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil and vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high and add potato slices.
- Cook over high heat, turning constantly, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, oregano and lemon juice and cook for a few more minutes.