Grilled Salmon Steaks in Citrus Dressing
- 6 tbs oil
- grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 green cardamom pod
- 4 wild salmon steaks about 6 oz each
- lime slices for garnish
- salad leaves for garnish
- Whisk together 4 tbs of the oil, grated lime rind and 2 tbs lime juice, orange juice and honey.
- Extract the seeds from the cardamom pod and crush them, then add to the dressing.
- Place salmon steaks in a shallow, non metallic dish and pour over the lime and honey dressing.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning several times.
- Remove the salmon steaks from the marinade and brush with the remaining oil.
- Grill or broil the salmon for about 4 minutes per side, turning once.
- Meanwhile, put the marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve the salmon steaks with the marinade as a warm dressing.
- Garnish with lime slices and salad leaves.