Habanero Magic Hot Sauce
|6 yellow, halved and seeded (if you like it super hot leave the seeds in)|
|6 large cloves garlic, peeled|
|2 tsp sugar|
|1/2 cup distilled vinegar|
|3 large carrots, peeled and cubed|
|1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 small red onion, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs canola oil|
This is spicy sauce that is a beautiful bright yellow and tamed down with carrots and sweet bell peppers. The sauce is great draped over fish, chicken, tacos, enchiladas or in ceviche.
- Using medium heat add oil to a saucepan and add the carrots and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes or until carrots and garlic begin to soften.
- Add the bell peppers, vinegar and habaneros and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes. Take care not to burn. Lower heat if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once vegetables have softened, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the vegetable mixture to a food processor or blender and process until very smooth.
- Press mixture through a wire mesh strainer to remove any pulp.
- Keeps for about 2 weeks refrigerated.