Hummus with Honey
|2 and 1/2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas with liquid
|1/3 cup lemon juice
|1/3 cup honey
|5 cloves garlic, minced
|1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
|1/4 cup tahini
|1 tsp kosher salt
|dash of black pepper
|1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
This is a classic middle eastern hummus recipe that is elevated with the sweetness of honey.
- Drain chick peas and reserve liquid.
- Puree in a food processor along with the lemon juice, garlic and parsley.
- If more liquid is needed to blend properly, use a few tablespoons of the reserved liquid.
- Place the pureed mixture in a serving bowl and stir in the tahini, honey salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Just before serving, pour olive oil on the top of the hummus.
- Serve as a dip with pita chips.