Hummus with Honey
- 2 and 1/2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas with liquid
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
This is a classic middle eastern hummus recipe that is elevated with the sweetness of honey.
- Drain chick peas and reserve liquid.
- Puree in a food processor along with the lemon juice, garlic and parsley.
- If more liquid is needed to blend properly, use a few tablespoons of the reserved liquid.
- Place the pureed mixture in a serving bowl and stir in the tahini, honey salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Just before serving, pour olive oil on the top of the hummus.
- Serve as a dip with pita chips.