Indonesian Lamb Sate
- 1 and 1/2 cups roasted peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubed
- juice of 1 lemon
- Grind peanuts in a food processor.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanuts, garlic, soy sauce, molasses, red peppers and water.
- Simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes, then cool.
- Pour over lamb cubes and mix well. Marinate refrigerated for several hours.
- Remove lamb from marinade then thread on water soaked skewers, and broil or cook over charcoal, turning once, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.
- If desired, remaining marinade may be reheated and served as a sauce.