Indonesian Peanut Salad
|6 cups of any of the following; Shredded cabbage, cucumber strips, carrot strips, sliced cooked beets, tomato wedges, green pepper strips, melon chunks, pineapple chunks, avocado slices dipped in lemon juice, hard cooked egg wedges.|
|Peanut sauce dressing (see below)|
|1/2 cup shelled roasted peanuts, ground or finely chopped|
|2 tbs molasses|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|pinch of dried red peppers|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 tbs peanut oil|
- Arrange a selection of the fruits and vegetables, and egg wedges attractively on a large platter.
- Pass the peanut sauce separately with the salad.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanuts, molasses, soy sauce, garlic, red peppers, lemon juice and water.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the peanut oil.
- Chill before serving.