Indonesian Shrimp Sate
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- canola oil
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, ground
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbs dark molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lemons, cut into quarters
This recipe uses the traditional Indonesian combination of soy sauce, garlic, molasses and chopped peanuts, which are used as a dipping sauce
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp on the skewers, alternately with pineapple chunks. Brush generously with oil.
- In a saucepan combine peanuts, soy sauce, molasses, garlic, cayenne pepper and water.
- Gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Grilled skewered shrimp over hot charcoal, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and sauce for dipping.