Indonesian Shrimp Sate
|2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on|
|1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks|
|1 cup roasted peanuts, ground|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|3 tbs dark molasses|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup water|
|2 lemons, cut into quarters|
This recipe uses the traditional Indonesian combination of soy sauce, garlic, molasses and chopped peanuts, which are used as a dipping sauce
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp on the skewers, alternately with pineapple chunks. Brush generously with oil.
- In a saucepan combine peanuts, soy sauce, molasses, garlic, cayenne pepper and water.
- Gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Grilled skewered shrimp over hot charcoal, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and sauce for dipping.