Italian Herb Crusted Veal Chop
- 2 (1/2 lb) veal chops
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 extra large egg
- 1/4 cup flour, seasoned
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper taste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Melt butter in saucepan and gradually add flour until blended. Stir constantly until a golden brown roux is formed.
- Add wine to a clean saucepan and using medium high heat reduce by two thirds.
- Add the chicken stock and lemon juice, then add the roux and whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cook sauce for an additional 5-10 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- To prepare the veal chop, season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a bowl add the Parmesan, garlic powder and bread crumbs and mix well.
- In separate bowls add the flour and the beaten eggs.
- Dredge the veal chop in the flour and shake off excess, then dip in the eggs letting excess drip off, then into the bread crumbs.
- Add the olive oil to a oven proof saute pan and brown the veal chops on both sides.
- Finish in a preheated 350 degree oven until desired doneness is achieved.
- Serve along with sauce.