King Crab Shrimp and Squid Ceviche
|1/3 lb king crab, shelled|
|1/3 lb medium shrimp, peeled deveined and cooked|
|1/3 lb squid bodies, cut into rings|
|1 shallot, minced|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced|
|juice of 2 limes|
|1 small roma tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|zest of 1 lime|
|kosher salt and pepper to taste|
|4 butter lettuce leaves to serve|
- In simmering water cook and squid and shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain and cool under running water.
- Add the shelled king crab, cut into 1/2 inch chunks in a bowl along with the shrimp and squid.
- Add the tomato and cilantro and jalapeno.
- Add the lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Refrigerate covered for 15 minutes.
- To serve place equal amounts of the crab, shrimp and squid into butter lettuce cups and serve right away.