King Crab Shrimp and Squid Ceviche
- 1/3 lb king crab, shelled
- 1/3 lb medium shrimp, peeled deveined and cooked
- 1/3 lb squid bodies, cut into rings
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 small roma tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 butter lettuce leaves to serve
- In simmering water cook and squid and shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain and cool under running water.
- Add the shelled king crab, cut into 1/2 inch chunks in a bowl along with the shrimp and squid.
- Add the tomato and cilantro and jalapeno.
- Add the lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Refrigerate covered for 15 minutes.
- To serve place equal amounts of the crab, shrimp and squid into butter lettuce cups and serve right away.