|1 lb of finely ground lamb|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/3 cup bulgur wheat|
|1/4 cup hot water|
|1 medium onion, grated|
|1 (4oz) can of tomato sauce|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1/4 cup pine nuts|
|3 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
Kibbeh is finely ground uncooked meat that is full of middle eastern flavors.
- Mix the bulgur with hot water and let stand for 1 hour.
- Add the ground lamb to a bowl and work with your hands until very smooth.
- Add the onion, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cumin, parsley, bulgar wheat, and cinnamon and continue to work until very smooth.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve with crusty bread, pita chips or crackers.