- 1 lb of finely ground lamb
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 (4oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
Kibbeh is finely ground uncooked meat that is full of middle eastern flavors.
- Mix the bulgur with hot water and let stand for 1 hour.
- Add the ground lamb to a bowl and work with you hands until very smooth.
- Add the onion, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cumin, parsley and cinnamon and continue to work until very smooth.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve with crusty bread, pita chips or crackers.