Liquid Smoked Beef Strips
|1/2 lb of top round or boneless sirloin|
|2 tbs liquid smoke|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1/4 tsp sugar|
- Cut beef across the grain into thin strips, no more that 1/8 inch thick. This is easier to do if meat is partially frozen.
- Remove all excess fat.
- In a glass or ceramic bowl combine the liquid smoke, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the beef strips and mix thoroughly. Let stand for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Lay beef strips out, not touching each other, on a lightly oiled rack set over a pan.
- Place in a preheated 275 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.