Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 containers of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
These are a perfect addition to any buffet.
- Put tomatoes a few at a time into a wire mesh strainer, then dip into boiling water for about 10 seconds.
- Immediately rinse tomatoes under cold water.
- Slip off the skins and stems and place into a bowl.
- In a bowl add the vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, scallions, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as 24.
- To serve, remove tomatoes from the marinade with a slotted spoon, arrange on a platter and serve with toothpicks,