Mixed Seafood Brochettes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- pared rind of 1/2 lemon
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 parsley stems
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb salmon steak
- 1/4 lb firm white fish fish
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1/4 lb large shrimp
- For the marinade, Mix the olive oil with the lemon rind, herbs and seasoning.
- Cut the white fish and salmon into pieces equal in size to the scallops.
- Skewer the fish, scallops and shrimp alternately on skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Place in a dish and pour marinade over. Leave for about 2 hours, turning frequently.
- Grill or broil for 10 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade frequently.
- Serve on rice with lemon wedges.