New York Strip Steak with Jameson Whiskey Sauce
- 2 (8 oz) New York strip steaks
- cracked black peppercorns
- 4 oz Jameson Irish whiskey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium tomato, skinned, seeded and diced
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, then add the oil.
- Coat the steaks with the cracked black pepper.
- Once the oil is hot add the steaks and sear on both sides. About 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and place on a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and add the steaks.
- In the same skillet add the Irish whiskey and flame. Cook on high for about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat, add the cream and reduce by half.
- Add the diced tomatoes and season with salt.
- Place each steak on a serving platter and spoon sauce over the steak.
- Serve with baked potato and any fresh vegetable.