- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup rendered chicken fat
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 large red apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water. Rinse and drain well.
- In a small pan saute onion in the chicken fat just until golden.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, then add the onion and chicken fat, sour cream, cottage cheese, apple, raisins, sugar lemon rind, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the cook noodles and mix well until well combined.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 2 quart baking dish or casserole and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until custard is set and lightly browned on top.
- May be eaten hot or cold.