|1 lb wide egg noodles|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup rendered chicken fat|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 cup creamed cottage cheese|
|1 large red apple, peeled, cored and chopped|
|1/2 cup golden raisins|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|grated rind of 1 lemon|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water. Rinse and drain well.
- In a small pan saute onion in the chicken fat just until golden.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, then add the onion and chicken fat, sour cream, cottage cheese, apple, raisins, sugar lemon rind, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the cook noodles and mix well until well combined.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 2 quart baking dish or casserole and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until custard is set and lightly browned on top.
- May be eaten hot or cold.