|1 cup flour|
|1 quart shucked oysters, drained|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp black pepper|
|1 cup milk|
|Canola oil for frying|
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix eggs and milk together and add to flour mixture.
- Mix well, then gently stir in oysters.
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with 1/2 inch of oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Put batter into oil by tablespoons full making sure to include 3-4 oysters in each fritter.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.