- 1 pint of shucked oysters, with liquor
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- canola oil for frying
- Drain oysters and reserve liquor.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper.
- Add oyster liquor liquor until mixture is the consistency of pancake batter.
- Stir in oysters and gently mix well.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees.
- Drop batter into hot oil by the tablespoonful, making sure to include 2 to 3 oysters in each portion.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.