Panko Crusted Chicken Breast
- 2 (6oz) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/4 inch with a meat mallet or heavy pan.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the egg to a bowl and beat well. Add the panko to another bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the flour, remove excess, then into the beaten egg, and finally into the panko, coating both sides.
- Refrigerate the chicken breasts for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Add the canola oil to a large saute pan and using medium heat and saute the chicken on both sides until cooked through and golden on both sides. About 3-4 minutes per side.