Pate’ de Champagne
|10 oz bacon slices|
|1 lb fresh pork|
|10 oz boneless veal, diced|
|6 oz lamb liver|
|1 onion, peeled|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/3 cup black olives, pitted and chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp fresh sage, chopped|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|2 tbs brandy|
This is a beautiful silky pate that is a typical French preparation.
- Stretch the bacon using the back of a knife.
- Finely ground the pork, veal, liver and onion. Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Layer the bacon and ground ingredients in a 1 and 1/2 quart terrine then top with a layer of bacon slices.
- Cover with foil or a lid and place in a roasting pan, half filled with boiling water.
- Cook in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 2 hours.
- Weigh down the terrine topped with a plate and a heavy can or foil covered brick, then let cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving, then cut into slices and serve.