Pate’ de Champagne
- 10 oz bacon slices
- 1 lb fresh pork
- 10 oz boneless veal, diced
- 6 oz lamb liver
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs brandy
This is a beautiful silky pate that is a typical French preparation.
- Stretch the bacon using the back of a knife.
- Finely ground the pork, veal, liver and onion. Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Layer the bacon and ground ingredients in a 1 and 1/2 quart terrine then top with a layer of bacon slices.
- Cover with foil or a lid and place in a roasting pan, half filled with boiling water.
- Cook in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 2 hours.
- Weigh down the terrine topped with a plate and a heavy can or foil covered brick, then let cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving, then cut into slices and serve.