Pimento Grilled Cheese
|2 cups Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese, grated|
|2/3 cup mayonnaise|
|1/2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped|
|8 slices French or Italian bread|
|2 tbs unsalted butter, softened|
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and roasted red peppers.
- Spread the butter on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Position 4 slices of bread butter side down.
- Top each with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Heat a non stick skillet and grill sandwiches on medium low heat until golden brown on each side. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, slice and serve.
Recipe: courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese