Cream of Crab Soup
- 1 and 1/2 lbs backfin crab meat
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup clam juice
- dash of kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 cups milk
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Oyster crackers for serving
- Remove all the cartilage from the crab meat, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan, then blend in the flour and stir constantly until combined and smooth.
- Slowly stir in the clam juice and whisk until mixture is smooth. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and cook slowly, stirring constantly until thickened. Do not boil.
- Add crabmeat to milk mixture and gently stir until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and serve garnished with parsley and oyster crackers.