Cream of Crab Soup
|1 and 1/2 lbs backfin crab meat|
|1/2 stick unsalted butter|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1 cup clam juice|
|dash of kosher salt and black pepper|
|5 cups milk|
|fresh parsley, chopped for garnish|
|Oyster crackers for serving|
- Remove all the cartilage from the crab meat, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan, then blend in the flour and stir constantly until combined and smooth.
- Slowly stir in the clam juice and whisk until mixture is smooth. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and cook slowly, stirring constantly until thickened. Do not boil.
- Add crabmeat to milk mixture and gently stir until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and serve garnished with parsley and oyster crackers.