- 1 and 1/4 lb veal cutlets
- 10 oz prosciutto
- 8 oz fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 7 tbs unsalted butter
- flour for dredging
- 4 sage leaves, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- On a clean work surface, flatten the veal cutlets and using a sharp knife, cut them into 2 x 4 inch strips.
- Top each strip with a slice of prosciutto and cheese. Roll to enclose and fasten with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the butter.
- Dredge the involtini in the flour, shaking off any excess and add them to the skillet.
- Add the sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.