- 2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary, cracked
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine the potatoes, rutabaga, parsnips and carrots.
- Drizzle melted butter and olive oil over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Combine the thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the vegetables, turning to coat.
- Cover the pan with foil and roast for 40 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove the foil and stir in the onion, garlic and brussels sprouts.
- Continue cooking for 40-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender and starting to caramelize.