|2 lbs red potatoes, quartered|
|1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed|
|1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp thyme|
|1 tsp rosemary, cracked|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|5 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 lb brussels sprouts, halved|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine the potatoes, rutabaga, parsnips and carrots.
- Drizzle melted butter and olive oil over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Combine the thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the vegetables, turning to coat.
- Cover the pan with foil and roast for 40 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove the foil and stir in the onion, garlic and brussels sprouts.
- Continue cooking for 40-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender and starting to caramelize.