Savory Jalapeno Cookies
|1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|1 and 1/4 cups ap flour|
|8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, patted dry|
- In a mixer or food processor, combine butter, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and the cheese.
- Slowly add the flour and cheese mixture to the butter mixture until the dough clears the sides of the mixer. Don’t over mix, then fold in the jalapenos.
- Next shape the dough into a disc, then wrap in wax paper and chill for about 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough until it is about 1/2 inches thick.
- Using a 2 inch cookie cutter or glass, cut out circles and place on a silicone or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until the cookies and golden on top.